In this article, we'll showcase how to install Visual Studio Code (VSC), a multi-language applicable code editor, for macOS. If you'd like to install VSC for Windows, see this article instead: How to Install Visual Studio Code for Windows
2. You will download a compressed file. Once this completes, double-click the file to uncompress it, which will automatically install the .app file.
3. Drag and drop the app file into your Applications folder.
4. Launch VSC to start using it!
In order to use VSC properly with any language, you will need to download that language's extension to access various support features. To access the extensions:
1. From the left-hand side menu, click the four stacked boxes to open the VSC Extensions page.
2. Use the search bar to locate a specific extension required for whatever language you want to develop with (Python, C++, HTML/CSS, etc.). Once you locate the extension, simply click on it to view more information about it.
3. On the Extension page, hit the Install button to install the extension.
Once the extension installs, you should be ready to start developing. Please note, though, that some extensions (like C++) may require further configurations.