Do I need to purchase additional software or hardware to use the courses?
The majority of our courses use free, open-source software and tools. We'll often even guide you in our courses through downloading, installing, and setting up these tools. The only thing you require is a computer able to run the programs, a modern web browser, and a stable internet connection.
However, there are a few notable exceptions we will note below:
Unity is only free for developers earning less than $100K. For hobbyists and those just starting out, this is generally fine.
Unreal Engine is currently free to use, but monetization does require you to pay royalties if your product earns over $1,000,000.
- Any Excel-based requires you to have Microsoft Excel.
- Any Photoshop-based course requires you to have a license for Photoshop CC.
- VR courses can be done without a VR headset, but in most cases, testing is more beneficial with one.
- The majority of AR courses do require a compatible device in order to test the applications shown in the courses. As this varies with each course, it's best to check with that course individually for requirements.
- Certain web services like Azure, MongoDB, ChatGPT, and similar offer a free tier - but may incur charges should you wish to expand beyond the course content.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the courses?
In order to access your courses, all you'll need is a modern web browser and an internet connection that is fast enough to play our online videos. In regards to our videos, we use a mix of Bunny and Azure Media Services as our primary video ...
Do courses have closed captioning [CC] or subtitles available?
All Zenva lesson videos that use either the Bunny video player or Azure video player come with an option to enable closed captions/subtitles - even for free courses. The steps below will cover how to enable them. Note: You only need to enable the ...
Do courses have a time limit?
Your courses can have a "time limit" solely dependent on your method of purchase. Below, we've outlined the "time limits" for each sub-category of product that you can find on our site and how "time limits" work in those specific situations. ...
Are Zenva courses available in all countries?
We strive to make our courses as accessible as possible, so we do not actively block any countries from accessing our content. Unfortunately, though, we have had reports of some ISPs in certain countries - such as China, Russia, the Phillippines, and ...
What do I get when I purchase an individual course or bundle?
Upon purchasing a non-subscription course or bundle, you get 24/7 access to the course(s) and its contents through our platform. You'll be able to view the course material and learn at your own pace through the Zenva Academy website. You also get ...